Friday, June 25, 2010

Prayer is no panacea, no substitute for action. It is, rather, like a beam thrown from a flashlight before us into the darkness. It is in this light that we who grope, stumble, and climb, discover where we stand, what surrounds us, and the course which we should choose.
- Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel, from his book Man's Quest for God


Dear NEO family,

310 pastors from the South Central Region are registered for PALCON (Pastors and Leaders Conference) next week, June 28 – July 1, on the campus of Southern Nazarene University. Please pray for our pastors that God will use this to encourage, equip and inspire them.

In my report at Assembly, I shared a portion of an email I had received from a member of our District family. She was writing regarding her concern for a co-worker that needed a relationship with Jesus. “I long for a deeper and more effective walk. It isn't enough to be able to see the sickness if I can't take them to the Healer. It isn't enough to feel the bleeding emotions and quiet desperation if I can't introduce them to the Comforter. It isn't enough to know of a financial crisis if I can't lead them to the One with unlimited resources and a different perspective. It isn't enough to observe them being completely lost if I can't connect them with the Shepherd. If all I do is see, and feel, and know, then I just get crushed with the load. I want to see these poor injured lambs walk in wholeness and joy. I want burdens lifted. I want the bondage broken. I most of all want the blood that covers sin to flow over these sin-scarred lives and purify their hearts."

I praise God for the passion my sister in Christ shows for those who don’t know Jesus. I have been praying that I would have a similar passion, and that every church in NEO would have at least a few folks with this passion. Will you be the one in your church and community?

On July 2 and 3 we are going to have work days to give a makeover to the Tahlequah Parsonage and another to fix up a house bought for a youth center in Drumright. Could you give a day to one of these projects?

In Tahlequah, the following tasks need workers:

• New Ice Maker Line
• New Counter Tops
• Paint Cabinets
• Replace /Paint Hardware
• Install New Stove
• Install New Dishwasher
• Install New shelf Under Kitchen Sink
• Install New Sink and Faucets
• Remove all Linoleum (carpet is already up)
• Tile Bathroom Floor Master Bath w Marble Tile from another project
• Replace Floor and Tile Main Bathroom w Ceramic
• Pull All Tack Strip and Nails in Floor From Old Carpet Pad
• Cut Trees back
• Clean and Repair Gutters
• Install New French Doors
• Then…New Laminate Floors

Much of the prep work (pulling nails, tack, strip; cabinet doors off and sanded; pull up linoleum and stools, etc.) can be done in the evenings prior to the July 2 and 3. Call Project Manager, Brian Loderhose at (918) 520-1361 for more information or to sign up.

Jerry Wilburg is Project Manager of the Drumright project. Mike Howard has gotten the project on the front page of the local paper and has many city officials behind the project. Contact Jerry (jerry@thermoflotulsa.com  ) for information on how you can help.

Below are links to pictures from recent visits by Gloria and me:

BA Connection Church, June 13, 2010
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0Abt2TZizYsWTOfA

Tahlequah Ladies Day, May 22, 2010
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0Abt2TZizYsWTOO

Family Church, May 30, 2010
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0Abt2TZizYsWTOXg

Kids Kamp is July 23- 25
For Downloadable forms go to http://www.neokidskamp.com/

Have a great weekend? You are loved!

Dave McKellips

No comments: